REFORM Alliance is committed to transforming the criminal justice system throughout the United States by changing laws, systems, and culture to create real pathways to work and wellbeing, starting with probation and parole. The organization is working to replace America’s criminal justice system with a restorative approach that is fair, accountable, and invested in rehabilitation. Instead of keeping people trapped in a revolving door from probation/parole and back to prison — costing taxpayers billions of dollars — we’re working to move people from the justice system into stability and wellness. Our goal is for people to reenter society with dignity, to remove barriers to their financial independence, and to equip them with the tools to succeed, all while making families and communities safer and stronger.
In recognition of the effort that frontline service providers and community-based organizations play in creating an ecosystem of support for communities most impacted by harmful criminal justice policies, REFORM Alliance has announced its first round of grants to community-based organizations serving Pennsylvania residents.
REFORM will fund and partner with organizations across the state of Pennsylvania that provide services and solutions for people impacted by the criminal justice system focused on the following areas:
- Jobs & Economic Development
- Crime Survivors
- Public Safety
- Civic Engagement
- Health & Wellness
See the full list of Grantees below:
- Ardella’s House
- A Wealth of Women
- Point Breeze Youth Development League
- Sappho and Laroyce Foundation
- The Urban League of Philadelphia
- Akeas Heart, Inc.
- Reality Speaking Inc.
- Landforce/Pittsburgh Conservation Corps
- Berks County Prison Society Inc
- Pennsylvania Prison Society
- Soul Food CDC
- NoMo Inc.
- The Sankofa Healing Studio
- Tomorrow’s Neighbor
- Education Culture Opportunities Foundation
- Man Up (Fiscal Sponsor – Urban Affairs Coalition)
- Peoples Oakland
- Collective Climb Inc.
- Institute for Community Justice/Philadelphia Fight
- Black Men Heal
- The Mastermind Cooperative
- 215 People’s Alliance Education Fund/Movement Alliance Project (Fiscal Sponsor – Movement Alliance Project)
- Voices Against Violence (Fiscal Sponsor – The Pittsburgh Contingency Inc)
- York County Reentry Coalition (Fiscal Sponsor – York XL Corporation)
- The Elevation Project (Fiscal Sponsor – Federation of Neighborhood Centers)