By subscribing, you consent to receive text messages including alerts and updates from the REFORM Alliance. Message and Data Rates May Apply.
Information We Collect
To fulfill our mission, the REFORM depends on the participation of people just like you. Our website is designed to facilitate that participation through interaction, which may mean asking people for their personal information. What follows is an explanation of the ways in which we ask for your personal information.
If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect:
- To fulfill your request to receive information and engage with us as a member;
- To maintain, improve, and enhance our Sites and engagement with you;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Sites and develop new features and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our organization, progress and Sites, respond to comments and questions, and provide user support;
- To generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use to publish reports or arrive at business strategies;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency, and to enforce our legal rights; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
How We Share the Information We Collect
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with our Mission, for example, for purposes of organizing and Advocacy.
- As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- We may also disclose your information with your permission.
- All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
We will not sell any of your personal information to any third party.
We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
We are concerned about the safety and privacy of children online. Therefore, we do not and will not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13. It remains possible, however, that we may receive information given to us by or pertaining to children under 13. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the information, we will promptly either obtain parental consent or delete the information from our servers. If you want to notify us of our receipt of information by or about any child under 13, please email us at [email protected].
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
As mentioned above, you may sign up to receive email communications from us. These emails provide information that we think will be of interest to you, for example, calls for action related to policy. You can always “opt out” of receiving our online communications. Please recognize that emails are not secure against interception.
- By texting a keyword to short code 81411, you consent to receive one or more automated texts at the phone number from which you texted.
We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your mobile service operator. SMS MESSAGE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time and content of your messages, as well as other information that you provide. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
By subscribing, you consent to receive text messages including alerts and updates. Up to 4 messages / month.
By subscribing or otherwise using the service, you acknowledge and agree that we will have the right to change and/or terminate the service at any time, with or without cause and/or advance notice.
To cancel your SMS subscriptions, text STOP to 81411in reply to a text message you receive. You may receive a subsequent message confirming your opt-out request.
For additional help, text HELP to 81411in reply to a text message you receive.
Message and Data Rates May Apply.
T-Mobile® is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
United States Participating Carriers Include AT&T, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, U.S. Cellular®, MetroPCS®, InterOp, Cellcom, C Spire Wireless, Cricket, Virgin Mobile and others.
Program Availability: Currently, the Program is only available to residents of the United States. You understand and acknowledge that you may not sign up for, access, or attempt to access or use the Program from countries outside of the U.S. You agree to abide by U.S. and other applicable export control laws and not to transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any content or software subject to restrictions under such laws to a national destination or person prohibited under such laws.
Questions / Support: You can contact us at [email protected] at any time, from your mobile phone, send a text message with the word “HELP” to 81411. You may also call our support line: (917) 410-6307
Links to Other Sites
Users may submit content, including articles, testimonials and comments (“User-Generated Content”) to the website. Any User-Generated Content is publicly viewable on the website and may be used and further disclosed by REFORM or others. We are not responsible for how others use such information. Please carefully consider whether and what information you include in any User-Generated Content, including how you choose to identify yourself in such content.
REFORM Alliance 1675 Broadway, Floor 21, New York, NY 10019 [email protected]